Friday, December 10, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside

It's a tad nippy out right now and they're calling for a blizzard within the next 24 hours, so I've got our supper cooking in the slow cooker.  I really enjoy using our slow cooker, especially when the holidays have us running around so much, which doesn't leave me much time to cook.  But with the slow cooker, I just start it in the morning and it's ready by supper time. 
Here's what's cooking in my pot today:
Day-Off Stew
Ingredients-
2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 tablespoons canola oil (or any other cooking oil you'd like to use)
8 medium carrots, sliced
6 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 to 1-1/2 cups water
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 envelope onion soup mix

In a skillet, brown meat in oil; drain.  Transfer meat to slow cooker.  Top with vegetables.  Combine water, tomato sauce and soup mix in a bowl; pour over meat and vegetables.  Cover and cook on low for about 5 hours.

It smells really good right now.  I'm pretty sure there will be leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment